PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot at it again at Dublin
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jun 2016, 00:27
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DaveReidUK

Quote:
Originally Posted by oggers View Post
What is clear is the controller did not approve the ATR to move behind the BA and simply neglect to inform them, which is the complaint the BA made.
That's not clear at all. In fact, the ATC transcript (per LiveATC) is entirely consistent with the controller having done exactly that.

Is that you Speedbird 81D?

This is getting increasingly surreal.
I've already made my point and I don't wish to labour it. But I'm happy to correct you. So:

If you are suggesting that the transmission you quoted at 15:07:50 was the controller informing the BA that the adjacent Lingus ATR was also about to push, you are mistaken:
Quote:
Originally Posted by oggers View Post
1507:50 Clipped tx from ATC "ATR pushing back behind you to point B"
What the controller actually said was: "Aer Lingus ATR about to push back behind you to Point B, when they're clear your push and start approved to Point R".
Perhaps review the tape again before drawing this out any further. The transmission I quoted is not the one you think. It occured at the time I quoted +/- a couple of seconds. The one you quoted occured a minute before. Worth noting it was another one the BA crew didn't hear, if as they claim, the first they knew about the ATR was when the tug alerted them. Let's just sum those up:

1506:20 When the ATR got their approval
1506:40 When Ryanair 7316 got their approval conditional on the ATR
1507:50 When ATC transmitted "[clipped]ATR pushing back behind you to point B"

So:

So, based on the transcripts so far available, there is no evidence that the controller warned the BA that the ATR on an adjacent stand had also been cleared to push.
Based on the transcripts available the call was there. Based on what you heard, it wasn't. Same problem as at Dublin