PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alouette III, Air ambulance
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 16:59
airaid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air ambulance

Thanks for all the advice so far

It really sounds like I should rule the Alouette III out due to lack of spares and start looking at the Jet Ranger and Eurocopter Écureuil.

With that in mind could any one provide some estimates of these two aircraft operating and maintenance costs.

Just to let every one know where I am with this project

To cut a long story short I started out with the simple idea of utilising the versatility, availability, and low unit cost of Antonov An-2s to found a charity to provide an air ambulance service to countries unable to afford to operate their own.

After floating the idea about I got a really positive response from the regional Government of the KRG, as a potential solution to their problem of dealing with the large number of casualties they are suffering in their fight against ISIS and their lack of an effective casualty’s management system.

While the An-2 would be very effective at rapidly transporting casualties, medical personnel and equipment around the KRG, it obviously as a fixed wing aircraft it has limitations in the CASEVAC role. Which brings me to the Alouette III.

I have attached the proposal the KRG are considering at the moment and who be very interested in any thoughts you may have about the use of helicopters in this project or the project in general.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Wings-of-Mercy-pro-GenS-PDF.pdf (367.0 KB, 43 views)