PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 15:46
AW009

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@all: Arn't we relatively shure that the upper epicyclic module of H225 / AS332L2 MRGB with only 8 planet wheels might be one of the culprit?

That's really not a question of dislike or like of ABH, that's a question of design, layout, choose of material, metallurgy, tempering, finishing and tribology in transmisson technology and in general, no matter where the gearbox is installed. Gearboxes always are characterized by 3-dimensional dynamic and static loads.

Sorry, I have flown in my life too many AB/EC/AS/SA & SE helicopter types and have a little bit to much grey cells instead of being put in the corner by a submitted general aversion to some very good HC and to be accosted by shallow arguments of a lad who obviously missed a good upbringing.

Argumentes like "my wife doesn't like the Mini, … Cars only function in two dimensions unless one is stunt driving for a movie. Their altitude design spec is 0 feet AGL, … The A400M's engine problems don't seem to be related, as the 225's engines do not appear to be a culprit in this accident, … your other post has to do with automobile transmissions“ and I don't "fight with dogs", are unimpeachable evidence for a smart-aleck phrase monger, who didn’t latch on to the point that MRGB of H225 and PGB of TP400-D6/A400M are of the very same manufacturer and therefore a close technical fit is given.

Blustering to be an engineer (in profile) provocates not only the question „which sort of engineer?“ (*),but also due to beforesaid highly intelligent statements the question „Is the vaguest notion of gear technology and of mechanical engineering given?
--------------------------------------------
(*) Many pilots are also „engineer“ and commonly with an university degree.

Last edited by AW009; 23rd Jun 2016 at 07:27. Reason: wording