PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot at it again at Dublin
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 15:17
alwaysmovin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by oggers
Just had a listen to the archive and I have come down on the side of the controller.
BA got their approval to push conditional on the ryanair passing clear.

2 minutes later the ATR got their approval to push "after the ryanair was on stand" and were cautioned that BA was also pushing back

About 1.5 minutes later there was a clipped tx from ATC advising of "an atr pushing back behind you to point B". That was most likely for BA but the callsign was clipped and nobody responded.

About 30 secs later the BA advised that the ground crew had stopped the push.
It took BA the best part of 4 mins to get moving. That was the problem. The ryanair they should have pushed behind was long gone and had been on the stand long enough for the ATR to push back and move behind the BA. The clipped warning call from ATC probably came about the same time that the BA started to move.

I have no axe to grind with BA, I think their crews are generally excellent but this wasn't their finest moment.
On a recording I just heard the BA got a clearance to push at time 0332 ( on the recording)..... The Stobart got a clearance to push a the recording time of 0428 and was told that there would be a RYR parking behind...... So the Ryanair had at that time not yet passed the Stobart or the BAW who would have been after the RYR ( traffic was passing right to left behind and the BA was to the left of the Stobart)..... At 06:20 the BA says he'd already been in discussion with ground about why his push had been stopped...... So in those 2 minutes the RYR still has to pass and the Baw has had his push stopped and has been in discussion..... So where do you get the 4 mins from? Unless the timings on the recording are also edited which I admit could be a possibility......
Also on another point in this recording the Stobart never seemed to acknowledge the later conditional clearance issued by the controller re the BA so maybe they didn't actually hear it....

Last edited by alwaysmovin; 22nd Jun 2016 at 15:33.