PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BELFAST CITY AIRPORT (BHD)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 13:50
HeathrowDictator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So can we confidently say BHD opening hours are now 0630-2359 for based aircraft?
If you cross check the Air Pilot entry:

EGAC AD 2.3 OPERATIONAL HOURS

1. Aerodrome Operator
Winter: 0630-2130. Summer: 0530-2030. To cover the possibility of an aircraft which departs within 15 minutes of normal aerodrome closing time having to return, the aerodrome operator will normally retain sufficient services and equipment for 15 minutes after the actual time of departures.
Then:

12. Remarks
The airfield may remain open beyond the published airfield opening hours until 2359 (local) as per local planning agreement. Delayed aircraft scheduled to operate 0630-2130 (winter) 0530-2030 (summer) if required must request extended opening from the airport duty manager.
Not sure why this thread keeps descending into BHD bashing from the BFS brigade, it is quite immature really. Both airports have their own unique merits. Having flown from both my preference is BHD because of the modern nature of the terminal and in my opinion better attitude of security staff - however there were cheaper fares available from BFS on the routes I wanted to fly.

Anyway back on topic, how has the transition to NATS gone for ATC? Any potential for EFPS to be introduced in the near future?

-HD-