PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LAME'S on Q
Thread: LAME'S on Q
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2016, 03:38
Slim Dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As one of the LAMEs that was booted out the door just under 2 years ago, I truly am grateful for the opportunity to have kept my employment (so thank you to the majority who ensured that happened). To those that never experienced such stress in those times, look on the bright side and enjoy your time off. You never know, the ALAEA might indeed have a case to either have the company fined, the possibility of getting your long service leave back without proper consultation (that might be a long shot) but also the chance to prove once and for all the company were way understaffed in Sydney and other line stations.
Again, to the chosen boys who whinge and complain about having to take some time off, stop and pause a moment and reflect on the fact that you were always above the line looking down upon us with eyes of 'thank god it wasn't me'. If the tables were turned, I would have no hesitation in giving up some of my long service leave and dollars to ensure the employability of my lesser brothers.