PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vietnam Airlines (info please)
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2016, 16:36
Panam85

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VNA contracts

Hi gents,
I've been interested in the gig at VNA for some time & just had a good read through this post. Thanks for the insightful info. Presently I'm on a permanent gig with fairly stable rosters, decent route network & overall a fairly easy going operation.

I've been interested in the expat commuting lifestyle for sometime but my biggest concern is regarding contract renewal. My present company has in the past, let our contract pilots go suddenly due to the prevailing conditions at the time & also suddenly recalled them back. My question regarding VNA is do they renew contracts at the end of the term? Have there been any serious issues in the past regarding renewal of contracts? Have they been known to suddenly terminate contracts due to company requirements? How long have the longest serving expats been there for? Also how is the staff travel/entitlements for spouses/families?

I'm looking at joining on the 330 fleet & any insight on how the present operation is with a 6/2 contract is would also be appreciated.

Cheers
Panam