PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QATAR MPL CTC 2016
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2016, 14:48
striker26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The reality of aviation with these large aircraft orders and baby boomers about to retire is that there is not a shortage of pilots, but a need. Just a need (demand). However understand that all the airlines who have MPL programs don’t use this as the only means for hire! Direct and Non Rated entry is still the majority. (I was told by CTC that QR need approx 36 graduates a year, that is not a lot!) It just comes down to the economics; the airline can get more out of you at an earlier age, and its another legal way they can fill a flight deck. Hence IMO why the MPL was created in the first place.

With regards to tomuchwork’s comments, judge for yourself. I couldn’t agree more that people should consider this a long run route (i.e. don’t think because in 2 years you’re flying a 320 you’ll be captain in 4…). PPRUNE has threads filled with expats who regret or point out the practices of most ME airlines they dot agree with, THIS IS WHAT YOU MUST DECIDE BEFOREHAND. Don’t make the decision and then fall back on it – you’ll be on pprune complaining faster than lightning. Do your own research about the city, cost of living, weather, family, the airline, the airport and judge for yourself if you can see yourself leaving your hometown for it.

We unfortunately have pilots applying to ME airlines without even have visited the city the airline operates from! What if when you move and your wife or kids dont like it? Or you cant grow accustomed to the weather or traffic? These are simple factors unfortunately pilots are overlooking. Again When you move to the middle east, it is culturally different, I am from there so I know how it is, it is not your cup of tea with biscuits like in the western world! You must learn to adapt and compromise, if you can’t please don’t apply. And if you THINK you can then please don’t be naïve, that is not enough. You must KNOW beforehand.

The airline at the end of the day is a business, whether CTC or astronaut, if you have the requirements and fill out that application, go through the tests and the interview and sign that letter, don't make it seem that the airline forced you. You control your own faith - COME ON PPL.

rant over lol

Anyone have any info on start dates for QR MPL? Last I was told was 2017, anyone with more specifics?