PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA pilot at it again at Dublin
View Single Post
Old 21st Jun 2016, 12:47
DaveReidUK

Received 206 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotel Tango
Sorry Dave but you keep saying that and I disagree with you. I see it exactly as presented in Martin 123's post. Circumstances contributed more than the actual clearances given. One thing is for sure, the BA was not cleared to push into the Stobart. The BA was cleared to push BEFORE the Stobart. When Stobart got their push clearance they were given traffic information regarding the BA. What happened in actual fact is that BA pushed late and by this time Stobart had already started their push.
Then we have to agree to differ. Based on the transcripts (which I acknowledge may be incomplete), the BA still had a valid clearance to push, conditional only on the RYR having passed behind, at the point in time when the ground crew stopped the pushback. However long he took to move off the stand doesn't alter that.

So in the absence (so far) of any recording of the controller instructing the BA to stop, or at least advising him of the conflict at the time she cleared the Stobart to push, I stand by my view.