PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No aerobatics by Red Arrows at Farnborough!
Old 21st Jun 2016, 08:44
Finningley Boy

Received 81 Likes on 45 Posts
I've just seen this thread and haven't had the time to read through to see if the point has already been made, but here goes. It struck me back in August last year that the remedy for Shoreham was to ensure that all future airshows, where possible,take place over big enough airfields; i.e. Waddington, Scampton, Fairford, Leuchars, Yeovilton, Culdrose, all these places have the airfield space with sufficiently low infrastructure in the area around the airfields/display areas themselves. I've often wondered but had an idea why the Red Arrows have never given a full display at Shoreham, just looking around the area tells you all you need to know. I've also wondered when the organisers of Farnborough will eventually accept the situation today and plan to move the event somewhere else; i.e. Boscombe Down?

Of course it comes as no surprise to read that the official remedy to the incident at Shoreham is the Bottom Line as always. Pay more money to those who's permission is required and all problems solved. Result, further restrictions, higher gate prices, more faffing about i.e. tickets (including carpark tickets, charged separately in some cases now) in advance only, fewer events, some have already been lost due to the heftier levies imposed, and, of course, much reduced quality, and eroded interest. God help us from Bureaucrats.

FB

Last edited by Finningley Boy; 21st Jun 2016 at 20:19.