PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A320/1 Autoland (Systems Sequencing)
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2016, 13:42
Bernoulli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A320/1 Autoland (Systems Sequencing)

I'm due soon for my six monthly sim check and I've noticed over the years that with each check the instructors seem to love digging a little deeper into 'what goes on behind the scenes' on an auto land approach. Each time the (different) instructor seems to have at their disposal a newly discovered fact about one of the systems and how it behaves during the approach and landing. It's like a sort of arms race that, to be honest, I'm losing.

No doubt the information is out there in the FCOMs but our company documents seem to be in a state of constant flux. There's probably little new stuff in it all but the buggers keep moving it around. No sooner have you found something and bookmarked it that it's vanished! There's a bit here and a bit there but all scattered.

Do any of you kind souls out there have a document that gives an overview of the behaviour and timings (with ref to rad alt) of the various systems on the A320/1 that draws it all together in one place? I'm sure such material will be of interest to the wider Airbus fraternity.

All pointers gratefully received.