PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2016, 12:48
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by willy wombat
While I appreciate that the 'enthusiasts' are desperate to see as many airlines as possible at EDI, as a regular passenger through EDI I wish the owners would concentrate on improving the passenger experience rather than continuing to squeeze a quart into a pint pot. I can see that a lot of work has been done on the terminal but it is not keeping pace with the passenger growth. N
Don't disagree with the terminal expansion sentiment, however the reality is that the terminal needs a complete rebuild to increase size and capacity considerably and I don't see the land or the money from the owner being made available. (Still waiting to here when the next proposed stage of redevelopment will kick off!! Any clues?) Don't know how much more tinkering with the current buildings can be done or what could be achieved of any significance. Envy the mega million investment into new terminals at Manchester.

We "enthusiasts" and regular users of the airport are rightly keen to see future route development: roll on Norwegian (when they get there 737 Max and available 788....don't think it will be in time for next spring summer) and the fabled promised China links ( if these ever happen??). Also improvements (more flights) to established links like Zurich and Berlin to improve buisness links and tourism would be welcome.

However I personally think ther is a zero chance of EK coming to Edinburgh.