PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine Flights Over Cities
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2016, 11:32
peely

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Approaching Dhaka today on a ferry flight from Singapore to Bhutan in a single H130 T2 and joining at 90 degrees to the runway at 1500' cleared height. Controller say descend to 1000' and report downwind. Not a problem but will need to take a safe line through the ever increasing buildings. Then with a mile to run to join downwind they say, descend and maintain 500'. I check the clearance due very large buildings and they confirm 500'. Now about 200' above the rooftops of large blocks of flats etc and feeling a little concerned. Turn base now and approach for the taxiway due traffic on the runway. Easy I thought and very good awareness as it was busy with both civilian and milatry aircraft. On very short finals I say to my colleague, watch that 737 taxiing out directly onto the taxiway we have been cleared to land on. Quick check with the tower who say, avoid the 737 and go right to the grass next to the runway which is also in use! Thankfully we avoided everyone and found the parking stand - tomorrow's departure to the north should be interesting.