PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If anyone is in need of a ticket for Cosford Airshow I have a spare
Old 20th Jun 2016, 11:16
NutLoose

Received 2,959 Likes on 1,263 Posts
oh to be back in uniform for just 5 minutes, I would give some of these SNCO/JNCO's a good talking to.
While your at it, have a word with the Station Commander, now I know they place was swamped with the public wearing everything under the sun and dropping a lot of it, but it is an aviation training establishment, and the only service personnel "Airside" wearing a hat was the Group Captain., not exactly leading by example.
I know what you mean about hands in pockets etc, and one of the Falcons on the ground looked like he could do with a damned good shave.
Getting out was as you said, and there appeared to be no one organising the feeding of cars out of the car park, though there were a few NCO's standing in the tent doorway there, watching the chaos.
But most of the service personnel working were very, very good and helpful, I have done it in the past and know the stupid questions you often have to deal with.

Weather didn't help and the display was lacking in the RAF dept, oddly enough I couldn't fathom out why the Herc was simply limited to a single flypast, heck those under the holding point saw more of him than we did. The ww1 stuff was excellent.

To the organisers, Please, Please, Please, get rid of the commentator with his inane chat about everything under the sun but what was actually displaying, heck he couldn't even tell you when stuff was coming in until it was almost upon you, and then rattled on about totally different things, and as for him correctly telling you the individual display had finished, I don't think he got it right once.

I departed as the Chinook was strutting its stuff and I am glad I didn't stay to see the B52 now I know it was a no show.
PS
I never knew they trained people in the RAF to do nose wheel landings BTW

Finally
Thanks to the little space cadet that saw me drop my lens hood and chased after me to return it, shame he nipped off sharpish to rejoin his buddies as i was going to give him a fiver as thanks to get an ice cream. (your eyes would water at the cost of a lens hood, £55 for the one in question.)

A couple of pics from me under poor conditions, Only started editing them so a couple I have done, I had to use manual settings to try to get the best out of the weather.

Last edited by NutLoose; 20th Jun 2016 at 11:27.