PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No aerobatics by Red Arrows at Farnborough!
Old 20th Jun 2016, 09:40
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSOCS
Spot on cgb! I don't think any of the regulars on here even know what scientific assessment went into the creation of the new regulations either. Modelling etc. All well and good for someone to spout hoop that it's an over-reaction, when they weren't in the room when this was being changed. They weren't presented with the assessments and considerations.
So I should just accept that a bunch of people I don't know, that I didn't vote for, using data that they have not shown me, have made decisions that I don't agree with, under pressure from politicians and the media and that's ok?!

I can do simple cost/benefit calculations in my head. It is a major part of being a pilot.

One accident in 50 years that hit passersby involving a civvy, singleton, historic should not modify the entire display community.

It is acceptable for 1 in a million chances to happen occasionally without knee-jerk reacting.

The aviation world has diverged from the rest of reality to an amazing extent. No other industry has anything like the safety record or anything like such extreme reactions to events.

It is only because it makes good telly. If nobody had filmed it, It would have disappeared in the noise.