PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Erebus 25 years on
View Single Post
Old 20th Jun 2016, 04:52
Fantome

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I cant understand all of this silly arguing and discussion now going on.The DC10 crashed because the Captain decided to embark on a VISUAL descent into unfamiliar terrain
now that's a great shame you have this simplistic view Pete . . .. your emotional connection you acknowledge . .. that's not hard to get and to empathise .. especially considering your undoubted detailed knowledge and depth of experience in certain related fields . . . . but it would seem nevertheless that you side with that narrow school of armchair critics who simply say he should have stayed high for various undoubtably with hindsight valid reasons . . end of story.
Well sorry .. . but this discussion has been going on for years and any ad hoc opinion now as to the whys and the wherefores just does not any longer cut the mustard .. . Cap'n.

BTW . . a post from R & N HIGH WINDS AT SCHIPOL last year. If the question you posed there
Pete was ironic then I get it . . otherwise .. . ?

31st Jul 2015
piratepete

COMPLETE HONESTY
Hand on heart, with total honesty, and after 20,000 plus hours, 14000 hours as PIC on heavy jets, 4000 plus hours as a simulator/line/base/ground instructor, TRE TRI etc bits-of-paper in my Navbag, almost 40 years as an AIRLINE PILOT, .......I HAVE NEVER EVER MADE A SINGLE MISTAKE, NEVER EVER!......

Last edited by Fantome; 20th Jun 2016 at 05:57.