PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - If anyone is in need of a ticket for Cosford Airshow I have a spare
Old 19th Jun 2016, 20:15
ricardian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This was posted on Facebook by a retired RAF WO:
[QUOTE]Is it just me or RAF standards slipping, lucky enough to be invited to the Cosford airday today, great trip down memory lane and thoughts of all those days spent in the classroom. Only thing that marred the day was the failure of the weather, but to get to the crux of my opening statement, SNCO's/JNCO's giving no direction to juniors who were left to try and get 20,000 plus people off the airfield, added to this it seems you can now stand around in uniform with your hands in your pocket. Were we not always told as NCO's that we were there amongst other things to give guidance to the Junior Ranks. Patently, as you can imagine frustration took over and Joe Public were get frustrated at this lack of direction in relation to getting the traffic moving and when rightly challenged if they could try and use some logic gave what appeared to be a lot of verbal abuse. Open days were the place where we could show the air force at its best, some of the things I saw today left a bad taste, other things like the Arrows display as always were excellent. As I said to my good lady as we struggled to leave and get on the road home, oh to be back in uniform for just 5 minutes, I would give some of these SNCO/JNCO's a good talking to./QUOTE]