PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Need Help finding an Aviation Book!!
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2016, 15:28
gimi7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just wanted to update everyone:

The first two books I purchased were NOT the book I was recalling. However, I'm 99.9% sure TCU nailed it. I gave my father the two "incorrect" books this morning but also told him the "correct" one was on the way. Actually, two of them are on their way. I bought a second one with the Encyclopedia in the title (instead of Encyclopaedia) just to cover all bases. Alas, neither of them arrived for Father's Day, which is not a big deal as I know Media Mail can take a while.

I did have to tell my father that I bought him this book just in case his interest was piqued and he went go looking for it himself (then he'd have 3 copies LOL). He asked me where I got the help from and I showed him this thread and the pictures that TCU provided. He's almost certain that's the right book. He mentioned that he purchased the book in 1981 at an aviation store across the street from Fort Lauderdale Airport. I'm assuming that's FLL? I'm guessing the store isn't there anymore. He mentioned too that he bought a radio there to pick up aircraft radio communications and that they also sold basically anything you'd want that was aviation-related, like sunglasses, books, electronics, etc. He called it an Army/Navy store for aviation. Sounds cool. Anyone been to such a store?

Thanks again to all of you for your help. Have a great rest of your weekend!