PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Krackow - anyone been ?
View Single Post
Old 19th Jun 2016, 11:42
PDR1

Received 74 Likes on 36 Posts
Don't know about the aircraft handling because I went as SLF, but just wanted to say that Krakow has a real hidden gem in its aircraft museum. You have to really hunt around to find it (it's behind the polytechnic), but it really is the most amazing place. the *least* interesting bit is the way that outside in the field they have examples of pretty well every sub-type of Mig 15, 17, 19, 21 & 23 (which you can walk arund/under and touch if you want to. But they have a pre ww1 hall of original condition aircraft 9unrestored), an amazing ww1 hall, a ww2 hall etc etc. It's worth paying the (small) fee for a guided tour to explain the significance of many of the exhibits if you don't read fluent Polish. I could easily have spent a couple of days there, but I had wife & daughters with me. This also inhibited potential enjoyment of another of Krakow's signature features - being Poland's top university town it is a superb totty-spotting venue (similar to St Petersberg, only more so!).

I would put the Krakow aircraft museum right up there on the "must see" list for any aviophile.

PDR