PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian VS Ryanair
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2016, 21:35
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@johnnybgoode

Well, at the end it is a choice to make(we all had to do that in our aviation lifes). It might be wrong, maybe right. Norwegian or RYR. Or someone else.

If you fly corporate(did that as well for a while, brrrrrrr, lot's of interesting memories) and you seriously want to "improve"(I was down there with ME dreamairlines) your life, why don't you go directly to EK. Their requirements are so low at the moment(as far as I know, piss in a straight line and breathe ^^) that even with just corporate time you should make it in. I think they even lowered it that much to fit EXACTLY the profile a lot of the corporate guys have. Give it a shot, spare you the time with the low cost if it is anyway not the thing you are looking for.

Especially, I don't think so many airline guys are really so keen to go down there(talking about Europeans), why would you change a not so great paid job, most likely in your home country, with social security and retirement(even if it is just state) to change for another not really so great paid job(if you think, they do NOT pay their share of social insurance and retirement to the state, so at the end EK is very cheap on that compared to any european airline. If you add up their contributions you easy reach an EK salary), flying far to much, sitting in a place where for at least 9 months/year it is far to hot and very expensive to live.
Not talking about the management mumbo jumbo, for that have a look in the ME forum in the EK threads. QR or the other one, unspeakable one ^^, is even worse.