PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Criminal conviction (spent) + Airline Employment?
Old 18th Jun 2016, 13:01
Banana_Peel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you everybody for your replies. I'll try and answer each one of you in turn:

FlyingGreek: Unless times have changed, which after reading YOP's post it seems that they might have, my conviction is due to become spent at the end of October 2017 and so I'll be sure to get a Basic Disclosure certificate after that date. I think I will contact a few select airlines (as well as BALPA) to see what they make of things. Thank you.

parkfell: I've had my Class 1 medical for some time now. I'll be renewing it before I start my CPL/IR next Spring.

YOP: I believe that I am able to answer no once the conviction is spent. The second part of your message concerns me a little because I had turned 20 just two weeks previous to getting caught. During my 'rehabilitation' course which I did to shorten my driving ban, I was told that the conviction is spent 5 years after the date of occurrence, but the endorsement I received on my driver's licence will remain until I'm about 30. So if what you say is correct, it won't become spent until I am 31?

Flyboat North: Thanks for your message but I do believe there is a bit of variance between British and Australian law It is a criminal conviction, unlike speeding which would be a motoring offence.

Reverserbucket: Potentially Sweden since the cost is considerably lower than here in the UK.

Bus14: I wish it was that simple now!

Once again, thanks for the replies folks. I'm beginning to think I may be a little bit Hopefully someone with recruitment info will see and contribute to this topic. It is insanity to think that a stupid move made when I mistakenly drove ever-so-slightly over the legal drink drive limit as a 20 year old would have such undesirable consequences right up until my thirties.