PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QATAR MPL CTC 2016
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2016, 21:47
tomuchwork

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would take Black Pudding's advice very, very careful. Was a captain at QR a while ago and it is really no place you want to be a long time(you will need to earn a lot of money to pay back that giant bank loan).
Why? If you fall for QR you will be stuck there, and that is excatly how they are calculating. Stuck in the money and training trap.

I can imagine that QR's backlog is big, it took me 9 years ago about 1 year between interview and finally joining(one of my biggest mistakes in my aviation career I want to add). And this was a fully trained and qualified captain.
So, actually 2 years is not so bad for green pilots. But still an incredible risk.

Would suggest - if you get something back home go for that option. OR - make an adequate investigation on your own about QR, it's history, it's CEO, the country, Doha itself. Decide if you want to be stuck with that for at least(!) 10 years, most likely much longer.

I know most of you are very young and a shiny aircraft most likely is the best what can ever happen - but believe me, it wears off. Very fast. At the end other things matter.

EDIT: Something positive for the end(they always tell me at the bloody CRM to be positive ^^) - most likely the british Cadets(SO) where the most pleasant copilots to fly with in QR. Hard landings sometimes(again, nothing to blame here then the company sitting someone green on a widebody) but nice fellas and fun to fly and during the layover. And least they did not ask me if the could pray during departure ;-) (must have been my flying, lol)