PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's make charter sales easier for everybody.
Old 17th Jun 2016, 10:38
jonnyn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brad - I am familiar with the article and although the team here that contributed they felt that it was too much of a secret to explain the way it works at SJ to the press. I hope I don't get fired for posting it! Yes I work at Stratajet.

Global - I'm sorry you hate us but you'll be pleased to know that our customers love us. Firstly, there is no other online broker like Stratajet. Stratajet is alone in the world for giving real-time pricing no matter what marketing BS you read about the others. If you doubt it then please try and get a quote from any of the others and then try us.

Slots: We integrate wherever possible with the slot systems of airports. Take LSGG - if we cannot get a slot then the system automatically finds a nearby airfield. The next step on this system is to find another time close to the required one and inform the user. The exception here is that we can use the grass runway without a slot so any aircraft able to operate on it with the required pax and fuel loading can still get in. It's all automatic.

Weather: Not even the best broker in the world can change the weather although many think they can. We actually had a trip out of Samedan where we were able to deal with the Wx problem before it became one. The system works by automatically scanning the METARs and TAFs for an airfield where we have a trip booked. When the forecast shows Visibility or cloudbase goes close to the IFR minima for a particular aircraft class it flags it up. Then we take a look and try and come up with a solution - different airfield or different time. With the Samedan trip we called the client and explained the situation and the client elected to leave a few hours earlier before the weather closed in.

More/Less pax: Real-time pricing and compliance baby! Just not an issue, client pays the difference if it is possible to take more people with runway and aircraft limitations.

Owner pulls the aircraft: We deal with it just like you do - although the real-time pricing from loads of operators means it takes us about a minute to find a replacement.

Etc. Please feel free to keep them coming.

Dislaimer:
I have no problem with brokers as a rule. Stratajet is trying to bring new customers into the market not just fight over the current ones who, as you know, are diminishing.

Last edited by jonnyn; 17th Jun 2016 at 10:58.