PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GBAS - VHF Data Broadcast antenna type
View Single Post
Old 17th Jun 2016, 02:09
mathy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try to google Murphy and Imrich, IEEE in I think 2008 for I have their paper somewhere if I knew where to look.

VApilot may be onto something. Military machines do things other than GBAS approaches and may fly extraordinary attitudes hence circular or rather elliptical polarisation. Years ago now [and Cows Getting Bigger may know this], HMS Argyll sounded out masses of data about the turbulence close to the proposed landing sites on Prosperous Plain. There was a lady Boffin whom the Brits called Professor Peabody [female sidekick of Dan Dare]. I still have her business card from a major USA supplier. That places the winds survey in Jan-June 2001. In 2004 I was engaged in trials on Norfolk Island where there were high hopes that the Honeywell Pelorus system would be the answer. It wasn't. I met the Thomson CSF team who were on the competing team and they gave a convincing account of why the Pelorus system had systemic weaknesses. They later became Thales.

I do not have any books now as I am quitting my job, moving back to Oz and closing this chapter with a resounding thud.

Is this the Farnborough Year? Why not visit a Trade Day? You simply show the passport, pay something like £30 and ask away.

Last edited by mathy; 17th Jun 2016 at 06:56. Reason: added a suggestion or two