PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHANNON
Thread: SHANNON
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2016, 19:32
Dreamliner_01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AerRyan
Memmingen was never a year-round route and never operated in the winter, so I've no idea where you pulled that out of.

Confirmation of Beauvais sacking hit the newspapers today, unusually takes over a week to happen, but only 3 days in this case!
Ryanair dropping Paris route again | The Clare Herald

Edit: Also to mention, Cityjet made it work until LHR came back, Aer Lingus attempted it with a departure time of 16:00 and Ryanair had it profitable at 2x daily before, yet this time it was marginal due to its horrible days.

If an airline actually wants to make it work, it can work. Shannon's problem is mainly around the fact that nobody wants to threaten their DUB service. Will a 2x weekly Paris service on TUE and SAT at 11am affect DUB? No. Will a daily Paris leaving at 7am affect DUB?Yes.
Apologies an oversight on Memingen - I don't agree that that Ryanair are mindful of their Dublin service - if Ryanair could make it work they would regardless of Dublin - I think it's a harsh reality that it's not a year round service from the regions - so if city jet can't make it work due to competition at Heathrow what hope of attracting another carrier in after here failed attempts ? Genuine question what are the aspirations down there now as had they an agressive target to hit almost 2m passengers by end of next year which isn't going to happen - where do you see the growth coming from under new CEO ??