PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No aerobatics by Red Arrows at Farnborough!
Old 16th Jun 2016, 16:47
pax britanica

Received 48 Likes on 21 Posts
WellI think this is the thin end of the wedge given all the previous comments and quotes about the fate of the reds. Also i dont think the airfield owners especially love the show and its two weeks of disruption to transportation of the rich and the probably crooked in their personal airliners and biz jets. thse peopel are of course very influential.

Farnborough of course is literlaly in the middle of a town and while very built up to the east and north it is very open to the west. Much like neighbouring Camberley , where I live. also open to the West as thats Blackbushe of B 52 fame. Camberley isnt affected by the show except the singleton Reds do zip around over the town while reforming up.

Also with lots of Easterly ops this year perhaps those in control are afraid of the Reds doing some of their 'take off end' stunts over the town instead of over Laffans plain.

So some reasons that 'stand up in court' but equally not really that strong as to shut down an iconic bit of aviation. My fear is that it will be the excuse to simplify other displays except those over the see and leading on from that shut the team down as its 'no longer economic for the limit use it gets'