PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airbus Procedures and callouts
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2016, 14:28
Pakehaboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
vilas quote...

"On A310 yes. Automatic Radio altimeter call is also acknowledged like any other call. Why there are any calls at all? Why not every one does his job quietly? Because sometimes somebody doesn't and if the other guy also doesn't then something happens."

You've lost the plot and direction mate!!!No one at any time is saying call outs and procedure are not required.Depending on the phase of flight we must and have sufficient callous required to keep our attention to the job at hand,ridiculous not to.I certainly don't want to get into a pissing match as to what are the best and worst SOP call outs just because AIRBUS has said so,they wrote their own ops specs to satisfy what "they" regard as the "Standard".

So be it, their procedures (Airbus) are the baseline for an operator to start with,you either use it to the nth degree or you butcher it to suit ones operation.As I've said I've seen it (as many here have )done many ways,some have refined it,some have spit the dummy,and no doubt we have witnessed its failings and excellent sides.

I have witnessed two very new pilots in the same cockpit,and if it wasn't for all the call outs required they would have very quickly met their makers or a disciplinary board.Whereas I have checked two very experienced pilots in the same situation,who,because of their experience,scan,airplane knowledge ,use the minimum of call outs and do a fabulous job.One has to cater Airbuses SOPs to ones operation,and what fits,it is not a system of one fits all.

Vilas,in defence of your point,I would agree that the current situation of pending and actual pilot shortages,perceived or otherwise,the lack of rudder,stick skills,abnitio programmes and the lack of real flight time,the use of Aisbus SOPs for Airbus Aircraft is the best starting point for all.I have seen it,witnessed and flown it,it works