PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A further destruction of industry with $6000.00 life raft service costs.
Old 16th Jun 2016, 11:30
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
There are plenty of people in this country with "practical and proven leadership and implementation skills " to fix GA...BUT you wont find them in CAsA or the Political spectrum. And its proven.
If CAsA and the pollies had the interest and skills, GA wouldnt be where it is today
Here in Regulatastan the (non) Aviation House mafia rule the roost, and have rooted the industry in the process.

We are partly to blame because over the decades we've just put up with the sh!t shovelled at us, tugged the forelock ...and just got on with trying to stay in business in spite of CAsA not because of it.

Its a tragic state of affairs. Drastic change is a must.

Back to the Life Raft. I would have thought a reputable company would have advised first whether it was worth repairing or replacing before sending it overseas, and arriving at a bill equaling or more than a new one. I'd be pissed off, too

I got lucky, pumped up and left inflated for 4 days . Then I found the time life date stamp. End of story. RIP the RFD float?boat