PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cirrus down in Houston
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2016, 09:21
sapperkenno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having flown many GA aircraft, with a fair number of hours in the SR22 (but not the 20) I think it would be only too easy under a high-workload to stall the type, as the controls feel the same (or very similar at least) throughout all speed regimes and you don't get the sloppy feel that you do in other types due to the centering spring...

I remember back to the student in the Cessna at Southend (iirc) a few years ago who got frazzled by ATC and stalled/spun in. So even though this is sadly possible in more "conventional" aircraft, I can certainly see how the Cirrus would make matters worse. That plus the ease of being able to trim with the hat switch as you slow, so can stay in trim and don't feel as though you're pulling back as much.

Obviously, flying the airplane would have stopped this, but the point I'm trying to make, while not Cirrus bashing (as I think they're great) is that with eyes outside, you don't get much in the way of the usual cues when getting slow - hopefully an interesting bit of information for those who haven't flown one.