PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Single Engine Flights Over Cities
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2016, 06:26
AnFI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jim it is always frustrating when someone will not allow you free rain to try and impose your world view on free conciencious resectable honourable people.

It's part of why people want to escape excessive bureacratic slavery.

Crab thinks that you have said that singles are banned from flight over cities.

Crab quotes YOU
"The exclusion of singles over the congested area of cities is almost as old as the regulations themselves"
Then he goes on to say
" it would appear that those complaining about those rules are doing so purely from a selfish standpoint - 'I want to fly my single over the city but the authorities won't let me'.

No consideration for the safety of those living and working in those congested areas who might suddenly find themselves wearing a helicopter (yes I know it happened in London but that was CFIT not and engine failure).

Since great deliberation has gone into protecting the passengers, crews and the population before deciding these rules, why should they be changed to suit a few selfish individuals? "

Perhaps you could set him straight? Or are you less unbiased than you think you are?
Perhaps you could explain to Crab why the Glasgow accident would have been very much more unlikely in a single?

JimL
"Your indignation over proposals for changes to the rules is misplaced; there is no suggestion of tightening them up, attention is merely being drawn to the erroneous assumption that they are different world-wide and using that as an reason to call for changes in Europe."
I don't think that is true Jim.
I think the UK CAA interpretation of the new EUROPEAN REGULATIONS that are about to hit the unsuspecting public in AUGUST will result in SINGLES not being allowed to fly where they previously were. Am I wrong?

IMAGINE singles not being allowed to land at Battersea!!!
50 years of no problem, and suddenly some idiot has decided it's an elevated helipad and so it has to be a twin. 'Regulation against singles not being tightened up' you say? RUBBISH. and be honest and explain to our sheltered Nautical Crustacian why his narrow and incorrect world view, based on his interpretation of what you say, is wrong.

Crab gather your own stats if you want to trample the rights of the civilian private individuals who are apologetically grovelling in the mud below your high judgment.