PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - A further destruction of industry with $6000.00 life raft service costs.
Old 15th Jun 2016, 23:49
Nulli Secundus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Would this be the same Dick Smith who quite recently recommended to the GA community .........' Get out while you still can".

Dick Smith, when people get out of GA the need for goods and services will of course decline. Why are you surprised when you find yourself in this position? (Too few suppliers and no price competition). For mine, you're unmistakably playing a part in the contraction of the GA industry.

How's about a little less observationism and more activism. I understand you're supportive of AOPA's president Marc de Stoop and his approach to the GA issues. I would suggest you counsel him to put a hold on his Project Eureka, get that disaster of a website modernized, attractive to prospective new members and CURRENT (GAAP airports news... really???), put a target on new annual membership growth and gain a critical mass of aviation people that will mean real influence. (After over a year into the role Marc finally acknowledges, to some degree at least, the massive difference between AOPA USA and Australia's AOPA, and the significantly disproportionately low membership here).

A growing GA will get to a tipping point where its sustainability and stability is far more likely once the sector’s leaders such as yourself back a regeneration programme and stick to the proposed plan. Broadcasting personal issues wouldn’t be part of the plan.