PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Engineering in Dubai/international
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2016, 23:32
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Stacey. Perhaps I come across as stereotyping against the older guys in the industry, it wasn't exactly my intent, of course there are great experienced guys still swinging spanners and I have worked with and still work with many.

My point is that a lot of people think that the most experienced guys are the 'go to' people, but it has not always been the case in my experience, in fact the opposite at times.

Another point people forget to take into account is where someone did their apprenticeship, for example say it was done at Eagle Copters doing nothing but strip and rebuilds, manufacturing, modifications etc. Or a company that is doing 3000 hourly's every year a fleet as well as supporting them in the field. The 'fresh' engineer may in fact be more experienced than someone in the field of 10-15+ years of looking after a tiny fleet doing annuals etc.

I don't mean to be all high and mighty, but I'm simply trying to press the point that don't simply judge a book by its' cover (yes I know, a little hypocritical of me based on my original post).

Last edited by havick; 16th Jun 2016 at 00:10.