PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What will happen to non compliant SIDS aircraft?
Old 15th Jun 2016, 15:14
gassed budgie

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
The feedback at the moment seems to be that around 50% of the Cessna fleet affected (afflicted?) by the SID's program have yet to be inspected, or at least only partially comply with the program. That figure translates to around 15% of the entire GA fleet. I would assume that on the 30th of June we're going to see a similar reduction in staffing levels at CAsA.

And one other thing. If I see a certain 70 year old Globe/Temco Swift taking to the skies after the end of the month when hundreds/thousands of previously airworthy Cessna's have been pushed up against the wall at the back of the hangar, I'm hoping the owner will be able to tell me what ageing aircraft program or equivalent SID's documentation he has in place to keep us all safe from his pontentially dangerous, unsafe flying machine.

If its good enough for me to piss a ****load of money up against the wall on my 35 year old 172, all in the name of safety of course, its gotta be good enough for him with his 70 year old Swift.