PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BOAC Mosquitoes
Thread: BOAC Mosquitoes
View Single Post
Old 15th Jun 2016, 14:33
Appie WW2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Msquito flight Bromma Leuchars

Since a few years I am doing a quest into the life ofmy eldest brother Henk Mos during WW2.
Henk was forced to work on German merchant ships bythe German occupation authorities between November 1942 and June 1943. On 12June 1943 he escaped from the German ship in Sundvall Sweden. Henk reported to theDutch embassy for a transfer to the UK to join up with the Dutch Armed Forces inthe UK. Depending his transfer he was sent to work in the Swedish woods.
At last, on 28 September 1944 he got his transfer fromBromma Sweden to Leuchars Scotland in the BOAC Mosquito G-AGGC flown by ArthurCarroll, pilot, and John Weir, radio operator. At that time Henk was 20 yearsold.

I learned much from the discussions in your forum onthe BOAC flights between Bromma and Leuchars, but there rest some questions forme.
  • About theequipment in the bomb bay.
    1. What kind of aircontrols were fitted?
    2. Were there greenand red lights fitted which gave information about opening the bomb bay doors?
    3. What are thedimensions of the bomb bay?
  • About the route.
    1. What was theflight path like heading, height, speed and bomb bay and outside temperatures?
    2. Have Iunderstood rightly that the Mosquito’s always flew the Skagerakroute
  • About enemyopposition. What were the threats by flak and fighter aircraft?
  • Photographs. Wherecan I find pictures of the G-AGGC in wartime and of the crew members?
  • In the pictureyou see from left to right my sister Tiny, Henk and his first wife Laura. The girlshave wings on their jacks. Can anyone tell me which wings these are?

I very much enjoyed the discussions on the forum and I amvery grateful for the information it offered me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
HenkLauraTinyScheveningen.jpg (117.2 KB, 88 views)