PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Post-Brexit EU citizenship for forces brats born abroad
Old 15th Jun 2016, 12:27
Mil-26Man

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Mil-Man - I don't think any Brexiteer has suggested any such thing.
British passport holders still have to go through border control to access the continent; EU citizens still have pass through UK border controls to enter the UK as Britain is outside Schengen. Are you suggesting that UK passport holders will then face passport controls to travel between, say, France and Belgium?
I was afraid this would turn into a Brexit/Remain debate, but seeing as you ask I think that in the worst case scenario - yes, EU member states might very well introduce border controls for UK citizens who are outside of the EU. The best case scenario is that we just don't know. Given those options (and a lot more besides), I'll opt to stay in thank you very much.

We don't have the right of abode in the US, or Canada, or Australia either.
We don't have the right to travel to these countries without forking out for ESTAs or Visas either. I don't worry too much about these countries as I don't travel to them every few weeks, as I do to the EU, and I don't have friends and family in those countries as I do in the EU either. Er, I mean my friend doesn't travel to them every few weeks, or have friends and family. :-|

Back to my original question, I have contacted the consulate for one of the countries I listed but am waiting to hear back. If anyone does have anything to offer in the meantime that would be gratefully received.

Thanks