PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 15th Jun 2016, 09:07
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Match made in Valhalla!

Combine what Lostin T2 said, with which I mostly sadly and wholeheartedly concur with plus the fact that when I was an FO and I did bring any of this to light the reaction wasn't exactly ,"Thank you for your candour, it must be hard to write a report such as this. We have had the same captain reported over 20 times including for actually striking an FO, for taking a plane against the FOs wishes with an MEL which wasn't going to help on braking action poor onto a snowy/icy shortened runway for landing and only just making it/ for throwing tantrums generally and pissing off her entire crew!"

Add this to a Captain nicknamed Captain Death because you wondered if he was going to try and kill you. Add this to the Captain who thought it was fine to land F15 on a normal basis as there was insufficient time to get more flaps down rather than go around. Add this to the captain who thought adding temp corrections was a waste of time. Add this to the Captains who wont listen to more expereienced FOs suggestions like configuring before descent in Kathmandu or Kabul resulting in numerous higly unstable go arounds ( often mishandled) and add all of that to a company where a couple of instructors had less knowledge than some cadets and even less CRM. (Sidebar there were/are some lovely, oustanding, knowledgeable and helpful captains both male and female there and also some excellent instructors. The captains and instructors mentioned above were by far the minority but they minority was growing unchecked and even in the face of overwhelming evidence nobody cared enough to stop the rot!)

So when you add this to poor rostering for the bottom 50% at least of the airline and poor commensurate pay if you have a family in Dubai.

I suggest you take your attitude and join FZ JonyBG you will be welcomed with open arms. You sound like you will fit right in. In fact apply as a DEC they likely won't notice its not like CRM is a requirement for DECs.

Oh btw if you think there a lot worse places to fly for you havent been around that much. Yes you get paid on pay day, which to be fair I hadnt always had but that was why it was a step up for me. I cannot begin to tell you where my quality of life is now compared to last year this time and it isn't just the money and being widebody in a grown up airline it is actually having a voice!

Re selection DXB isn't a choice, unless things have changed it is SOU/IST and DXB for final interview either way. I suggest you take IST from what you said because I want you to get in you and the airline deserve each other!

Your profile makes no sense to me for wanting to go to FZ at the stage you are at but hey its your life. Ask yourself how many pilots in the last 7 years have left EK to go to FZ and how many the other way and you will likely see I'm with the group vote here but hey it could all just be risky shift eh!

Good luck, you won't need it though!

VT