PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No aerobatics by Red Arrows at Farnborough!
Old 15th Jun 2016, 08:53
Wageslave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Wilbur, remember! Two feet and not an inch more! You haven't done Working at Heights part 2 yet!"

"Willy, those A Stoff and T Stoff pipes, did you check the fitters' Corgi certificates?"
"Ach! So!, I'll sign it off as safe then".

"No Leonardo, you cannotta testa you whaddyacallit? Parrachutta! You needa design something to stoppa you fall if ee notta worka!"

"Igor, it is not going to run until you comply with the rotating discs regulations Eu 2014 245/4.6-7. Oh! Get yourself a proper bonedome too"

"But Baron, red is such an inflammatory colour, it might bring out aggressive tendencies in some of them. Wouldn't a nice magnolia be more appropriate?"

"Ray, if its designed to drop things people are going to get hurt. You'll just have to fit some kind of catchment system to stop them reaching the ground and I don't care what bloody Harris says!"

"Oi! You the skipper of that funny looking thing? Oo-ooh! "The Sunderland", is it? I don't care wot it's bloody name is sonny, it don't move in my 'arbour 'til its fitted wiv proper lifeboats on proper davits"

"Monsieur Montgolfier, Non! Impossible! You cannot make a fire of straw under eet, thees ees a smoke free zone"

"Winkle, you don't have a type rating! You are not flying it!!"

"Airshow? Airshow! Are you mad??? That might involve some of those things actually flying, one might even pass over a nursery school or a market or a convent or - God! - a road!!! Out of the question. Send them all to Hendon. By barge, roads are too dangerous"

Supersonic transport was not a success as the bang sometimes made nervous people jump.
Oh...Oops! That actually happened, didn't it?

But that was the past. This could well be the future;

"I thought three months was a bit ambitious for your holiday in Ibiza. It takes six weeks just to reach Marseilles by ox cart."
"Nah, couldn't do that. Wife's afraid of ox carts. Had to go by foot."

Last edited by Wageslave; 15th Jun 2016 at 10:03.