PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - No aerobatics by Red Arrows at Farnborough!
Old 14th Jun 2016, 21:18
Speedywheels

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
This year, if you turn up on the day and buy your ticket at the gate, I believe it will cost you £48 on the Saturday or Sunday. Advance tickets are currently on sale for £40 per day. Since 2014 the trade halls are closed down at the weekend so the public now do not get access to the various exhibits on the stands. Admittedly, a lot of companies did abandon their posts at the weekend before 2014 but there was still sufficient to consume a couple of hours especially if there was inclement weather. Now with the probability of a reduced number of aircraft displaying and displays featuring restricted aerobatic manoeuvres within a smaller display area, I fear this will have a large impact on the income stream for the ADS Group. Farnborough International represents the majority of ADS Group's revenue that keeps the wheels turning until the next show in 2 years time. There has been significant investment in the trade halls and permanent chalets recently so there must be some very worried people at ADS. With Paris, Dubai, Singapore and Avalon there is plenty of competition for exhibitors' investment dollars to display their new products and develop current and new business relationships. Worrying times for Farnborough and it's continuation as the prime global aerospace show every 2 years. I don't think it's too dramatic to suggest that ADS need to decide to move it or risk losing it.