PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Questions about Agusta A109
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2016, 16:48
MOSTAFA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm pretty sure it's a A109A Mk2 and I've about 1200 hours on the A model but sadly from 20 years ago the best answer I can give you about the inverter was that prior to starting the first engine (either one, usually the No1 on odd dates and the No2 on even) the inverter switch was put to Main position, it had 3 positions? and the AC INVERTER caption cleared, I don't remember a limit. As for the De-Ice checks with both engines running, you would put the De-ice Eng 1 ON and check the No1 TOT rises and No1 Q falls then turn it off unless +4ish, De-ice Eng 2 ON and check No2 TOT rises and No2 Q falls, then off (same +4 - sorry it's all from memory and many different types have gone subsequently and they all merge into the ether. I don't think there was a 'how much' just that you could see it. It was never more than about 10-20. I might have a manual or the FRCs somewhere but it would be and old book - Hope that helps.

Can I ask are you trying to get the instruments to actually work? I have seen a A109A similar to this at either Cardiff heliport (the old G-USTA) or possibly Shobden but they used several big monitors behind the inst panel holes and it worked superbly.

Last edited by MOSTAFA; 14th Jun 2016 at 20:46.