PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 14th Jun 2016, 10:06
LostinT2DXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone asked about flight deck culture. For the most part it's a good work environment, however the company is hiring more DECs that have limited CRM skills, mostly because they come from cultures that never taught respect for fellow pilot, i.e. When I was Jr the Captains were sh1t to me so I am going to be sh1t to you! Some of the guys that upgraded after failing several times at their European airline are a handful to fly with as well, they think they know it all and are here to teach you even though they are not a LTC. I'll even be sexist and say we have a couple lady cAPTAINS that can't handle the male dominated work environment and then overcompensate by making sure you know THEY are in charge. Most people come to work now with the attitude to just get the job done and go home. It's not fun or even interesting to be here anymore. Without fail, every new guy I've flown with lately has said flydubai was their LAST option and only place that would hire them, either for failing all other assessments or because they do not have any experience to qualify any place else. Not exactly an airline attracting the best candidates. Anyone thinking they will come here and "it won't be that bad" or "there are worse places" please withdraw your application now. This turd ain't worth it. It won't get better. The management can have all the meetings they want with line pilots to "discuss" secret changes that will be coming one day, but sad fact is the salary is pathetic and if you have family you most likely drowned in debt if you try to make a go of it here as an FO. Good luck!