PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2016, 09:42
Stanwell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danny,
I tracked down that 'Mystery Vengeance' that had been mentioned earlier in this thread.
It, and it seems assorted bits of a couple of other airframes, is now in a collection of uncatalogued crates and boxes stored at HARS
(Historical Aircraft Restoration Society) at Albion Park, a bit south of Sydney.

Apparently, the firm who'd planned to undertake the restoration went into liquidation and so HARS stepped into the breach to recover the lot, transport it to Sydney
and securely store it at their premises.

While I'd seen a photo of it (looking reasonably complete) at its previous location, the chap I spoke to today told me that the whole lot is "a bit of a mess"
and it'll take quite a while to even work out what's there and what's not.
No serial numbers are available at this stage.
Manuals and parts catalogues are going to be a bit hard to find too, I'd reckon.

In the meantime, they've got their hands full with the restorations of a P-38 Lightning and a P-47 Thunderbolt - both of which are well underway.
Thus, it would seem that Vengeance going to be sitting in boxes for the foreseeable.

Also, I expect to have an answer fairly soon on your question (post #8656) re that photo of the Vengeance instrument panel which appeared in post #8651.
Stay tuned.