PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 14th Jun 2016, 06:35
Bagso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've crossed swords with the last poster before but at this rate we'll be sending cards...

I totally agree.

Why not abandon "the piers" and just have a massive extention doown to the M56 and then run South parallel to it ?

A significant % of Manchester traffic is for loco /holiday and with Norwegian now wanting a slice of that cake it seems we might be over complicating things since those plans were announced

Fine if we can build 75 stands somewhere but we can't.

By all means keep the first class updates inside the terminal and of course a mechanism for preclearance but there is little point in my view losing all those stands simply to provide a family of four with the all the comforts of a walk in pier when they have just paid £500 all in for Majorca.

Likewise those having a cheap £90 week end away? They just want to get on thru with a back pack not be indulged with "spa standard " facilities.

If those same passengers end up at Liverpool, Leeds Or Birmingham because an airline cannot base aircraft it surely defeats the whole object of the exercise ?

Primarily we needs stands, aircraft and routes and then the best mechanism to service that need without compromising it ?