PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Baymac
Thread: Baymac
View Single Post
Old 13th Jun 2016, 16:01
speedbirdhopeful1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pre-existing conditions are not covered by EK Medical.
Yes they are - 150,000Dhs per year. Its not a huge amount, but why would you want to save EK cash?

You state that "Baymac always prided itself on those presentations, how they are different from Aetna as they have no requirement from EK medial department to cover their clients." yet quote from their own conditions:
The GlobalCare Pilots Plan works as a primary plan if the member has no other health insurance, and as a secondary plan if the member has other health insurance coverage. Whatever is not covered by the member's primary will be covered by the GlobalCare Pilots Plan to the limits of the Plan.
Increasing overall premium for people being sick and submitting the claims is downright illegal in most of the regulated countries.
It's insurance - are you saying if you crash your car three times in a year and then write it off you shouldn't expect an increase on the next renewal? More claims = higher premiums, I don't like it either but its a business after all.

I am not disagreeing with you regarding the pre-existing conditions, as it was marketed to those with potentially serious issues that could be stuck with no cover beyond the 150k from EK. My issue was that there are multiple individuals that are fairly healthy, don't have pre existing conditions and are claiming for everything on Baymac because they can't be arsed going to the EK clinic or getting a referral. I flew with one recently who boasted of such "because its way easier, and they have an iPhone app for claims!"