PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Has this slipped under radar?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2003, 06:44
Thump & Go

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agreed Randy,this subject is dead and was dead a week before this thread breathed new life into it(see D&G GA 15th July)!
I would suggest it became "headlines"here(sooo late in the piece) because the court case had just finished and become "headlines".

Interesting to note that CAA thought DR was fit & proper before the punishment was handed down despite prior knowledge of the incident,yet now he is not??

AB-"mistake" ??? a rather generous metaphor for what occurred.
What this amounts to is under recording flight times,no matter what the intention was(a cheaper flight) which I guess the authorities view seriously-ask CityJet.

Keen to here the conspiracy(sp?) theories JS.

I think the reasons why you may be "forced" to resign are quite obvious-in an industry based on public confidence the last thing you want is you company's name being associated with someone accused of unsafe practices.We all saw the news report-no emphasis on the fact he was basically trying to make his flight cheaper,just the fact that he "disabled the A/C's radios and engine-monitoring safety systems"
I know Sunair were none too happy to see their name in the article alongside their safety/QA assessor's!Origin were probably pleased no mention was made of DR's input in their Route Guides etc.

Phew! just relised how long that was-must go nap now