PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 13th Jun 2016, 01:43
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel IST versus SOU?

Jony I personally suggest that you are the one who wants to check his attitude not Otto.

Seems to me that he just made a reasonably funny comment because your question is pretty much unanswerable.

Dubaigong tried to help you and you haven't really gotten the hint. I have partially answered your question in my post as well.

We don't know what country you are from, your background, your exepreience, your hours, your level of English. We are getting an idea of your personaiity type but the fact is that even if we had all of that material infront of us, even then it would still be subjective for the reasons that dubaigong mentions.

You also come across as not wanting to explain your circumstances. Why would an A320 currently qualified pilot want to go back to square 1 in FZ. You have the hourss to apply to EK if you have the hours to apply to FZ and would move to widebody. If you want short haul and want to stay on rosters taht get you home then look at the Emirate up the road with the 787 and QR. They both have A320 fleets and options for later if you want to go longhaul.

FZ isn't the sort of airline where you go unless you need something from it. If you are unemployed, need a job now, aren't European and were a Boeing pilot then FZ may make some sense if not there are just so many better options such as QR, EK, etc

FZ is rather like an Easter egg, it is all shiny and pretty on the outside but pretty hollow on the inside. Staff travel is pretty crap compared to other ME carriers.
Your roster as a new guy will be frickin awful, you will be treated like **** and if you have a family you are going to struggle as the cost of living overall is rising waay faster than the pay and they simply do not care.

The most often heard phrase from the chief pilot is, " If you don't like it, then leave"

From the reaction you gave otto and dubaigong you don't come across as the sort of pilot who would be happy in that environment. If however we're all missing something then apply away. As for which location? like I and two others said we would need more info to make a call but at the end of the day even with the info its still a how long is a piece of string question.

Lastly if you are applying to an airline, read the thread as questions like how is the sim/selection/etc have been answered so many times in this thread. It just makes you look lazy!