PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QATAR MPL CTC 2016
View Single Post
Old 12th Jun 2016, 20:07
devvo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm sorry Integrated next time I won't post confidential emails :/If you are from UK could you please give me some tips regarding accommodation and Could someone help me with the final phase 'the interview with Qatar Airways' ?
A320QATAR - I agree with everyone else, probably best to not post correspondence that is meant for you (and you only!)

However I feel I can help with the last stage, the 'Interview with Qatar Airways'. I should stress that this is not the hardest stage, not at all. My experience of it in fact was a very relaxed and friendly chat with 3 people from Qatar Airways, one of whom was a Training Captain. It does not last long, usually around 20 minutes, but can be as little as 10 and as much as 45 I have heard. Do not take the 'duration' of the interview to mean that it did or did not go well!

The aim of the interview is to see how you would cope with life in Qatar and what makes you "tick" as a person. They want to know WHY you want to be a pilot, why you want to fly for THEM and not for another airline, what are your GOALS and what do you hope to ACHIEVE (in your career and maybe in life)? Where do you SEE YOURSELF in 10 years time? So as you would for your interview with CTC, research and study. If you're trying to get onto an A320 course, research the A320; engines? Dimensions? Capacity? Routes? What in your opinion makes it a popular aircraft in the industry? Cruise speed / range etc. Do this with any aircraft you want to fly...eg I want to fly the A350 and 777x (I can't decide!) So I researched both! Inevitably they will PROBABLY ask you a question you may not know the answer to...be honest! Tell them you DO NOT KNOW...BUT hint to them that you will make an effort to learn! Add a bit of humour, be confident in yourself.

You must also research the state of Qatar. Cultures, traditions, history, demographics...anything you can. To be honest, wikipedia is a good start for this but by all means dig deeper - it will only help you! Don't be afraid to mention things you have read about, obviously keep it all positive, but even if you don't know everything about a subject, it shows that you have an interest if you mention something which is "uncommon knowledge" to any non-Qatari. For example, I researched the history and origins of Qataris and we talked about it in my interview. I was actually inadvertently racist! I didn't mean to be (I did not check the information I had read online) and I am not a racist but I did not know I had been racist. But they are not out to get you, and they just laughed at me and explained what I had just said and why it was racist. So I told them exactly where I had read that and apologised profusely. But they said they didn't mind, that it was funny and they were surprised that I even knew about their origins! The information wasn't entirely incorrect it turned out! haha

The interview is short, yes, but do your research. When you arrive, do your best to remember their names! They will probably only tell you their names a short while before the interview (as in an hour before maybe!) but of course, like any interview, remembering your interviewer's name (names in this case) goes a long way, as does a smile, a strong handshake, eye contact and a good presentation. If you promote confidence in your body language, half the battle is won! Hope this helps!!