PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 11th Jun 2016, 19:28
Capt143

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@furbpilot
It's better to face with real life. Turkish currency value falls about 30%. There is no accommodations for short haul fleets. There is not an excellent insurance. All are correct specially when comparing with Gulf carriers. I am not Turkish and is a foreigner like you. But for me it's really hard to face with restricted Islamic rules in Gulf area. For example right now it is Ramadan in Gulf area and drinking alcohol can lead to prison. Temperature will reach to + 50 cellcius in near future.
On the other hand THY contract is permanent but as you know the work permit is not and will be renewed yearly. Who knows next year the ministry of labor would renew work permits for expats ? As in beginning of 2014 work permit of most expats flying in other Turkish carriers (not THY) suspended without any notice in advance. Other Turkish carriers is limited to max 10% of expat crew and THY is exempted right now. Until when this exemption would be valid, nobody knows. This exemption would be suspended soon or late. So instead of moaning it is better to find an alternate. So forget about Mercedes story, it is not my business.
By the way, if I told "guest" it doesn't mean that your rights are less or etc, just because it's my imagination for myself. I am a guest too, so I do not try to change them. As far as I can adapt myself I would continue, if the conditions exceeds my thresholds, will be back home without hesitate. So far beside negative points, I found positive points too and for the time being it is ok for me. About the future, I hope to be ok but nobody knows.

Last edited by Capt143; 11th Jun 2016 at 19:39.