PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QBF Flypast vs Sky News
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2016, 19:15
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
TTN:-
MSOCS - I rather think you are missing the point.
Well, with respect I think that many who have posted here have. This was the 64th Trooping of the Colour that the Queen has attended, and at 90 Years old perhaps one to be especially celebrated. Certainly the large crowds that were there thought so. A huge amount of work to make it so has been put in by those on parade, in the flypast, and as Evalu8tor reminds us, behind the scenes. So let's just give them a, "Very well done ladies and gentlemen all!". No matter the size of a formation, even I know that getting it o/h at exactly P-hour begins way back.

Comments about how small is the RAF (or the RN, or the Army) is something for another place, another time, and not triggered simply because of a flypast. I certainly enjoyed watching the parade and flypast on tele. Whether they were good or otherwise I will leave to the CinC, who has an eye for these things. At some time in the future we will have an ex-professional pilot for Monarch. No doubt the station keeping o/h will then also be part of the wash-up over sippers that the Household Division presently experiences!