PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet - 4
Thread: EasyJet - 4
View Single Post
Old 11th Jun 2016, 14:53
davidjohnson6

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts
Flight Club

Every time I fly Easyjet, shortly after boarding is complete there is some introductory blurb from the cabin manager which includes 'we would like to extend a special welcome to our easyjetplus card holders'.

Most major airlines with a loyalty scheme also have something in the introductory script referencing frequent fliers.

What I find curious is that while the Easyjet script encourages customers to join those who pay for the 'give me special treatment' card, there is no mention of the frequent fliers who are presumably all members of Flight Club. The in-flight magazine encourages sales of 1-year Plus cards but makes no mention of Flight Club. The website has a section on Flight Club but it's hidden away.

All of this makes me think Easyjet are trying to keep Flight Club very much invisible to non members - ie keep an invitation only kudos. Is this a deliberate long term strategy or are the marketing people still just trying to let Flight Club bed in properly before the publicising begins ?

I guess I'm not sure I understand the overall marketing strategy. Frequent customers get special benefits - but nothing is done to encourage non members to give more business to Easyjet and potentially gain those benefits. Thus someone who flew 15 sectors last year would not necessarily know that flying 5 more sectors with Easyjet rather than (for example BA) would get something for it.

Anyone out there with an insight into Easyjet's FF strategy care to comment ?

Last edited by davidjohnson6; 11th Jun 2016 at 15:10.