PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC225 crash near Bergen, Norway April 2016
Old 11th Jun 2016, 13:35
Satcomm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buzz66,

Just for your info, the Alternators are NOT mounted to the gearbox by studs. It's held in Place with a Clamp...It does have a locating Pin thou, and provision for oil cooling, but I get your point.
You are right ... Lol. Been a while since working on the puma but how could I forget those clamps. Usually not too bad going on but could be a pain at times to get the self locking bit to release coming off. I said gen/alt because many on here I'm sure have only been around the Sikorsky products and only refer to an alternator when talking about cars. Well now that you have corrected me, let me say maybe then it could be as simple as damage to the alternator mounting flange (where the clamp goes)

forward Sus Bar was never removed from the Aircraft. Only the upper attachment on the forward Bar was disconnected.
Where I could from, this is still considered maintenance to the suspension bar. Hence why I stated disconnecting suspension bars, not removing. I too have been involved in several AS332 gearbox changes, but will admit, never a 225.